Booking and Cancellation
Please see our section on Covid-19 for revised T&C due to the pandemic.
- All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card and this must be valid on the day of arrival. Non-guaranteed reservations are not accepted.
- A deposit of £50 per room will be debited from the card given at the time of booking. The deposit is refundable if cancellation is made more than 14 days before arrival.
- For reservations made within 48 hours of a stay, the full cost of the booking will be debited from the card given.
- Full payment is required on the day of departure.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent confirming booking details and any payments made.
- Our standard cancellation policy is: If cancelled or amended more than 15 days before arrival: no charge, deposit will be refunded; Between 15 and 11 days before arrival: £50 deposit is retained; Between 7 and 10 days before arrival, 50% of total booking will be taken; Less than 7 days and the full amount of the reservation will be taken.
- In event of cancellation we will try and re-sell the rooms, if we are successful we will refund any monies minus discounts given to re-sell and the deposit.
- Multiple rooms (3 or more) and/or bookings of more than 7 days are subject to an alternative cancellation policy. The deposit is non-refundable from 90 days before the start date of the booking. If cancelled within 45 days 50% of the reservation is to be paid. If cancelled within 30 days, 75% of the reservation will be due. From 15 days 100% will be due. Again we will endeavour to sell the rooms as in clause 7.
- Early departures will be subject to full cancellation charge as under the current circumstances we cannot re-let the room during the week.
- No shows will be charged the full cost of accommodation for the stay
- The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorize credit cards before
- Check-in is from 4pm onwards. If you think you will be arriving later than 8pm, please let us know. Check-out is 10.30am.
- On occasion due to operational requirements we might upgrade rooms. If you have booked a room for a particular reason please advise when making the reservation that you would prefer that particular room.
Christmas and New Year
- Reservations that include the 24th, 25th, 26th, 31st December and the 1st of January will require a non-refundable deposit of 30%
- We operate a 15 day cancellation period for these dates and if cancelled within the 15 day period the total amount of the reservation will be due.
- We will endeavour to re-sell the rooms/packages but may have to do so at a discounted rate. If we do manage to re-sell we will refund the difference minus the 30% deposit.
- Although the hotel has ensured that terms and conditions are correct at the time of printing, it reserves the right to alter, withdraw or
substitute any service, facility or amenity at any time without notice.
- The customer will hold responsibility for any damage to the hotel and rooms furnishings, fixtures and fittings and will be charged accordingly.
- Cluny Bank is a NON-SMOKING property; if there is any indication of smoking in our rooms the customer will be charged £150 which will be taken from the card given.
- Consideration for other guests is expected and if in our reasonable opinion or the reasonable opinion of any other person in authority you or any member of your party behaves in such a way as to cause, or be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to property, we are entitled without prior notice to terminate the booking of the person(s) concerned. We will have no further responsibility towards such person(s) and no refunds will be given
- As a listed building our disabled facilities are limited. Please ensure booking staff are fully aware of any relevant circumstances before confirming your booking.
- Rooms are located on ground floor and first floor. We have steps leading to the front door of the building and we do not have lifts to reach the first floor.
Booking and Cancellation
- If your area has been locked down and you are unable to travel due to restrictions we will either change your booking to a future date or refund the deposit. Please ensure you contact us to make changes as soon as you now you cannot travel.
- If our area is locked down and we cannot accept guests, we will contact you and either change your booking to a future date or refund the deposit paid.
- If you have to self-isolate, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can change the booking or refund deposit.
- If you are travelling from abroad and your country is removed from the travel corridor, again we will either change your booking or refund the deposit.
- We will always do our best to ensure future guests do not lose out due to the pandemic, all we ask is as much notice as possible is given so that we have the possibility to re-sell the room.
- Refrain from travel or visiting tourism and hospitality services if you have symptoms of illness or if you are in the shielding group, or others in your household are unwell or symptomatic.
- Pay attention to and follow all instructions and advice that is provided by businesses and their staff – this is for your safety and that of other customers and staff
- Keep your hands clean – use the hand hygiene products that are provided for your use, or use your own, before or after you touch any common areas.
- Catch coughs and sneezes in a tissue and dispose of any tissues into a bin and wash hands immediately
- Please ensure that you are considerate to staff that are providing guidance and advice, and abide by their instructions. Please be courteous and understand that staff are working in challenging circumstances.
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms during your stay, do not ignore or try to hide your symptoms. It is important that you act quickly to help yourself and protect those around you. It is your responsibility to stay safe and keep others safe and must notify ourselves
- If you develop any of symptoms, contact the NHS to arrange to be tested. Do this online at NHS Inform, or call 0800 028 2816. You should self-isolate straight away.
- If your test is positive – if you are well enough to travel without the need to use public transport, you should return home as quickly and directly as you can.
- You must tell us that you have tested positive.
- If you are not well enough to travel you should continue to isolate in you room and contact NHS Inform.
- If you are unwell and cannot return home you will be expected to pay all costs to your accommodation provider (this may also include expenses for transferring bookings)